Solar Roadways – Smart LED Road Panels With Microprocessors
Solar Roadways – The Roads of the Future – LED Lit Smart Roads with Microprocessors
Solar Roadways are an incredible technological advancement that may one day replace several types of pavement including:
- parking lots
- tarmacs and runways
- bike paths
- sports courts
There are several benefits to these high tech solar powered roads:
- They melt away ice and snow preventing accidents, injuries, and traffic
- You can ride bikes and motorcycles year round on them
- No more shoveling your driveway and sidewalk
- No more salt corroding your car
- No more wasting money on snow removal
- They can withstand the heaviest of trucks (250,000 pounds!)
- They have pressure sensors for animals on the road, boulders, etc.
Every solar roadway panel uses LED lights which can be programmed to make:
- Lanes for roads, highways, and parking lots
- Warnings for crosswalks, accidents, etc
- Sports configurations for solar recreation courts
- Better visibility for pilots landing
Solar Roadways Are GREEN
- They pay for themselves, create free clean energy, and lower the overall cost of energy. If all roads in the United States were converted to solar roadways, they would produce 3 times as much power as the country currently uses!
- They could cut greenhouse gas by 75 percent; everyone could drive an electric car
- They’re made of as much recycled material as possible
- Their ability to filter storm water or direct it to a treatment facility can greatly decrease the amount of polution in soil, lakes, rivers, and oceans
- The 2 channel “cable corridor” replaces telephone poles/wires and captures/filters/transports storm water
More Info About Solar Roadways
- Solar Roadways received two phases of funding from the U.S. Federal Highway Administration for research and development of a paving system that will pay for itself over its lifespan. They are finishing up their Phase II contract (parking lot prototype) and now need to raise funding for production.
- The Solar Roadways glass surface exceeds all requirements for traction, load testing, and impact resistance. It has been tested in civil engineering labs around the United States.
- Thousands of jobs, both domestically and internationally, can be created through the implementation of solar roadways; potentially a solution to the economic crisis
For more information, visit the Solar Roadways FAQ page.
Solar Roadways Tractor Demo
We CAN have Safer Roads with Solar Roadways
Solar Roadways – Indiegogo Video